Monday, March 23, 2009

La La's Paper Crafts Club

I haven't always known the joy of paper crafting...When I was in my twenties, I was a single mom, working full time. I was lucky if I had time to keep up with my housework, let alone time to be creative!! But now my children are older, I'm happily remarried and work only part time. I now have a lot more time to get to all those memories stored in shoe boxes and old tattered photo albums, stashed away in the back of my closet!
A few years ago I was introduced to scrapbooking by a friend of mine who dabbled in Creative Memories Consulting. I went to one of her crops and really enjoyed it! That night was my first attempt at a scrapbook page. Looking back....it was pretty sad! I had no idea what I was doing, nor did I have any clue what half the tools were for! But since then my creativity has developed nicely and I am sure will continue to evolve. I have learned to use different techniques and to use all kinds of mediums to create a page I can be proud to share! I know that many of my friends and family have an interest in scrappin' but are not sure where to start or just didn't have the funds to start collecting the tools of the trade. As a result, I started scouring local stores and the web for deals on papers, glues, tools and anything else scrapbook related. I collected punches, papers, stickers, stamps, inks, chalks, scissors and the like. I only purchased items if they were on sale or clearance and I collected these things a little at a time.......I was on a mission! I now feel confident that I have enough supplies to start hosting a monthly event to share the joy of paper crafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment